An essential tool for object examination, condition reports comprise information with multiple applications, from insurance to appraisals. Record any damage or change in condition through accessible visual documentation with descriptive data, for single objects or groups of items.
- Impartial consultation during new acquisitions
- Examination of outbound and returning loans, adding visual evidence for insurance claims
- Monitoring Items featuring in temporary exhibitions
- Assessment during travelling displays
What is included in a condition report?
- Object description
Including details on materiality, manufacture and creation
- Overall summary
Detailing condition, described in an accessible, user-friendly way
- Visual annotated documentation
Locating existing damage, in an intuitive manner
- Collection care recommendations
Such as requirements for storage, transport and display
- Conclusive support
Know if an item is safe to travel, needing major conservation interventions or any other factors that can impact acquisition